Prospective Players and Parents
Sylvester A. Townsend/Brogden Middle Athletic Department
August 21, 2014
The following is a list of
policies that are followed by every athletic team at Brogden Middle School.
- A student must pass four (4) subjects (out of 6)
with a 77 or higher the pervious semester to be eligible to
participate in athletics.
- A student must be in attendance 85 percent of the
previous semester to be eligible to participate in athletics.
- A player must be in assigned classes one-half of
the day (11:30 p.m.) to be eligible to play or to practice that day.
- Players will show respect for all coaches,
teachers, and administrators at all times.
- There will be no profanity.
- Drinking/possession on alcoholic beverages or
taking/possession of illegal drugs are not permitted.(Refer
to the Alcohol/Drug Policy)
- No tobacco products allowed. This includes smoking, dipping, chewing,
caught will be disciplined by his or her coach.
Continued use will be grounds for dismissal from the team.
- Potential player assigned to ISS or OSS cannot
try out for a team during their suspension. Any player assigned to ISS will be suspended
from the game and practice during the suspension. Any player assigned OSS will be suspended from the team (per Mr.
Disciplinary action may be taken upon return to the team.
- Any action that a coach, athletic director or
administrator considers detrimental tothe
team or Brogden Middle School could result in suspension from the team.
- Progress reports may be sent out by each coach
during the season to checkacademic
- Players will ride the bus to and from games
unless riding back with parents.Parents
should inform the coach if their son/daughter will be riding back with
them. Players will not be allowed to
rude with anyone else.
- Any type of hazing, initiation type, or physical
actions that one student does to another
will not be tolerated. For any violation
of such practices, the team member or members may be dismissed from the team.
These are policies that the
athletic department at Brogden Middle School has adopted. However, each coach may have additional rules
that the student/athlete must follow.
Please read and sign below
and return to coach